How to Install WordPress on Hostgator Manually in 2017: The WordPress is the best and highly recommendable platform by the bloggers. It is the simplest yet most popular blogging platform. So, if you are going to start your blog on WordPress and want to know how to install WordPress on Hostgator manually, then just follow this guide.
Many Hostgator account holders noticed a big change in the cPanel. With that change, it is not easy to install the WordPress because people do not know where to start. Check out this step by step guide to learn how to install WordPress on Hostgator manually using new cPanel interface.
However, there is an option available in this new interface to install WordPress in just one click (check out the image below). But still, many users are facing the problem with this tool. So, they just need a method by which they can easily to install WordPress manually.
In this guide, we will reveal the complete and right procedure to install WordPress on Hostgator web hosting account. Check out the full guide below.
See Also: Hostgator Hosting 1 Penny Plan (Start Blog in Just $0.01)
How to Install WordPress on Hostgator Manually in 2017 (Quick and Fast)?
Getting started with WordPress is quite easy, and the very first step is to install WordPress on your hosting account. The updated user interface makes a big difference to install WordPress for new users and also old ones.
The installation of WordPress is not a difficult task. Using the new interface, you can install WordPress easily, manually and quickly. So how can you install the WordPress manually on Hostgator from new cpanel user interface?
Here are the steps that you can follow to install WordPress manually in Hostgator Cpanel:
- Login to your Cpanel, provided by Hostgator (check your mail attached to your HostGator account for username and password).
- Add New Domain(For Baby Plan/If you are adding other domain): You will see your dashboard. Now click on Websites and then click on Domains (Follow this step if you are adding another domain in your account – For Baby Plan only).
- Check if you already added the domain in Modify Addon Domain section.
- If the domain already exists then skip this step and go to third step and if not fill out the information and click on Add Domain button.
- Create New Database: Next step is to create a database, where the whole data of your blog will be saved. To do so follow the below steps.
- In the list of Websites menu, click on Databases option you will find next to option Files. After that click on My SQL Databases(as shown in below image).
- Fill out all information (username and password). Click the button “Create User”. A new user will be created.
- Now you are required to create a new database. Enter database name (add with the site name in order to remember while taking backup). Now click on “Create Database”.
- Now it’s time to add the new user that you created in step 2 of the new database. In the same My SQL Database section, you will get “Add User To Database” portion.
Select User and Database and click on “Add” button. On the next screen, you are required to give privileges to that new user (select all to give all privileges). Click on “Make Changes”.
- Install WordPress Manually: After creating database next step is to add WordPress files into the system. For this you required to download latest wordpress. Click below link to download latest wordpress version in your system.WordPress Now click on the Files option under Websites menu and click on File Manager. Follow the following steps to install file into your File Manager.
- Click on public_html and select domain folder (a folder will be present with the domain name). If your domain is root domain then you have to upload WordPress in public_html.
- Upload the .rar File using the upload option.
- Now unzip the .rar file of WordPress.
- Now, delete the .rar file. (optional but best to save space)
Update Configuration File: Now, visit the particular domain directory where all the WordPress files are available. Here you have to change the wp-config-sample.php file.
- Firstly right click on the file and rename the wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php.
- Now open the wp-config.php file, right-click on the wp-config.php file and select Code Edit.
- Replace database_name_here with the name of the database you created.
- Replace username_here with the username of the database you created.
- Replace password_here with the password of the database that you created.
- Click on the save changes and close the file.
- WordPress Final Installment: Now enter the domain name in the URL box to run the WordPress installation script.
- Complete the installation process:
- Enter the blog name
- Password (Twice)
- Email Address
- Select whether or not to have the search engines index the site.
- Click Install Now.
- After some time a message will be appeared on the screen – Success! WordPress has been installed.
So, this is the manual way to install WordPress blog.
If you liked it, then don’t forget to share it on the social site.